New to reefing. Research for a 120g mixed reef

30seconds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hesitant to start a build thread because all that is building at the moment is a pile of books and the list of questions. Maybe starting this thread will prompt action.

If research is the first step to a new tank blueprint, then I’m still sharpening my pencils. I’m compiling my wants and druthers, visiting the LFS, and lurking in the forums. If I had to start today, the ideal is a 120g-ish peninsula tank suitable for a mixed reef.

Today’s step forward was a trip to the LFS. The owner happened to be there taking photos. She took time to explain her approach to the 320g display tank and her passion for SPS. Stunning tank and a hefty dose of inspiration. Lots of good ideas and a few more options for consideration.

P.S. My wish is that this doesn’t become an orphan post…a dream forgotten after awakening.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are doing the right thing by doing research first. ;)

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much to learn in the beginning but it does build in itself and gets easier! Just knowing to plan things out first, is going to save you a lot of headaches. The more you can line up ahead of time the better

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back