New to Saltwater and acrylic tanks

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Woohoo!! :) Exciting, isn't it?
Assuming the plumbing holds together as it did during the check, we'll be ready for the fish to go in within the next day or two. Yes, it's incredibly exciting, even with that little voice reminding me of 3 (4, if you count my Dad's) failed acrylics before this one...yes, I've lost my innocence...but we will overcome!!

OP
OP
M

msavary76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T minus one hour!!!

Till I reveal Pictures. It looks kinda dull at the moment but im sure once we get the snowflake and all the other fish in the tank it would looks so dull. Plus once i see how expensive Kyrptonite Zoa's are im gonna try and save up for about a dozen of them. LMBO

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

msavary76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what its close enough to one hour here you go everyone!!!

photo_zpsfb0e9403.jpg

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've finally got our acrylic up and running. No leaks, no cracks. I won't be able to relax for a couple weeks yet...but I'll be checking ammonia and we will possibly be moving some animals tomorrow!!

rob92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tank and what kind of light are you using?

This may sound stupid but are there 2 main people posting to this thread? Kinda confusing lol

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great! I love the rock. I was thinking about doing something similar when I upgrade in the future.
It's the scape type that for some reason just seems the most appealing to me.

I love the tank and what kind of light are you using?

This may sound stupid but are there 2 main people posting to this thread? Kinda confusing lol
There are. We are wife (me) and husband. :) It is ours, so we both post. Or as he would prefer me to put it, it's his, but he lets me use it XDD. Anyway, it's a joint venture.

As for the light, we got it used with the last bum tank. Not really sure which one it is...

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do mine (it'll be a 7ft 200gallon) I'm going to have it go up on the left and right and have it very low or no rock in the center. With a 7 footer in think that'll look awesome. Sadly this tank is at least 5 years away

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know my hubby wants a flame angel (yes, I know the risk...but I'm opting to let him have it). He originally got a tank to go fish-only with a hawaiian theme (he really likes Dog the Bounty Hunter) but when my tank broke...well, let's just say he's being very good to me. They're not letting us keep 3 tanks in this house, so he's letting me use the one he got. Most of the fish he wanted are not even remotely reef-safe, though, so we're having to revise the plan a bit. We currently have a pair of ocellaris clowns, a bartlett's anthias male (my female, sadly, was lost during the move), a green-spotted puffer (who so far has been a perfect angel other than occasionally biting me), a royal gramma, a matted filefish, two peppermint shrimp, two turbo snails, one astraea snail, and a lovely snowflake eel who came with this tank and that I can hand-feed krill. <3

OP
OP
M

msavary76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok everyone i know you been wondering what we are waiting for you show pictures. Well the only reason we havent yet is we dont have a camera and my phone was dead. Well anyways here you go.

IMG_0087_zps398c66aa.jpg

IMG_0112_zps58de39b9.jpg

IMG_0108_zps8859cb20.jpg

IMG_0110_zps683f21a9.jpg

IMG_0107_zps0538e7b5.jpg

IMG_0109_zpse8f0839b.jpg

IMG_0106_zpsd13c8331.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsf77c47aa.jpg

IMG_0098_zps861245e4.jpg

IMG_0090_zps4f0cb448.jpg

IMG_0101_zps5539062b.jpg

IMG_0091_zpsd8c6aac9.jpg

IMG_0096_zpsa565d916.jpg

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With multiples of a few of the beasties. <3 And somehow the peppermint shrimp got missed...
My gosh, it'll be a while before I can relax and really feel like I trust the tank, but right now I'm so happy I could cry!!!!

The eel hasn't eaten since we moved him from the 29 to here, but I imagine he's just settling in. I'm not worried yet. I also quite literally lost my leptastrea frag :'( and my biggest turbo snail kicked the bucket...but he was old. All said, things are doing great. Nobody appears ill, there are no leaks, skimmer's skimming, liht works....ahhhh, heaven. <3

Last edited:

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see it up and running with no problems. I like the rockscape, different pretty cool though.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look great y'all! I'm so happy things are finally going your way. Was a long difficult road but finally it's up and running. Fingers crossed it all stays running smoothly

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a freshwater eel in my Cichlid tank but I don't think I'll ever get a saltwater one. The saltwater ones kinda freak me out plus I'd be too worried about it eating a fish and then I'd be mad lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back