new to saltwater and reef2reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tx Medic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tx Medic

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
530
Reaction score
0
Location
Southeast Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks im new to saltwater after having freshwater for quite some time. I have 29 gallon with 25lbs of live rock about 2in sand bed and two powerheads. I also have a aquaclear 50 hob that I was planning on using to run chemical filtration so I dont have to buy a reactor of any sort. I also have 1 aquatic life dual lamp t-5 ho fixture with one actinic and one 10000k bulb, I will be getting another soon. The tank has been running for 5 weeks now everything is zero except trace amounts of nitrate. I am using kent marine reef salt and my salinity is 1.026 temp 79 and constant my ph is 8.0 I will need to use a buffer to get it up a little more. And yes I did use rodi water not tap. I just added one ocellaris and some radioactive zoas a week ago, parameters did not change I added a firefish yesterday and so far all seems to be well. I am going to add another ocellaris in two weeks or so if everything keeps going well. I do want to keep some softies and later on some lps corals.
 
Welcome. :wave:

In my opinion your pH value is fine. Give the tank a couple months and then starting testing Alkalinity rather than adding a buffer now for an acceptable pH.
 
:welcome:. Good to see another local reefer on here. U will get all the great help from members here to stay wet and get addicted. ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new