New to Saltwater

DALL·E 2024-11-17 22.03.45 - A graphic design featuring the text 'Welcome to Reef2Reef' in bo...jpeg
 
Good evening, everyone, my name is Volloyd and I'm out in sunny southern Cali. I've been keeping freshwater fish for about 5 years now and am interested in getting into the saltwater side of the hobby. I have an empty 37 gallon tall with stand and an empty 10 gallon to make into a sump, also gonna drill the 37 for an overflow. I joined to learn all I can before diving in. I'm in no hurry and don't expect to be ready to actually start for at least a year so, until then I'll study and learn as much as I can from everyone. I'm very excited to start this new journey!
Welcome to R2R. I am in Orange County. If you are in that area, happy to share with you the best LFS in our area for saltwater. Send me a DM if interested.

Let me know what questions you come up with.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new