New to saltwater

Welcome to Reef2Reef! You will have a blast at ReefAPalooza!
 
Hello, my name is Tiffanie Tan I am new to saltwater aquariums. I currently live in Orange County California with my husband and our 7 yr old daughter, 3 little dogs, 2 cats, freshwater fish tank w/betta fish and hopefully soon a saltwater Aquarium. I plan of attending the Reefapalooza in August. I am a researcher by nature and love to learn. I've been watching videos and reading as much as I can. I think but not 100% sure yet what size I will start out with I'm leaning towards a 40 gallon breeder tank. I would love to get a AIO but it just isn't in the budget at the moment. My thought was getting this size tank established and thriving then if I wanted to, I could save up for a larger size and upgrade. I would like to have clownfish (and by compatible fish) and soft beginner corals. I just can't decide whether it would be better to wait and get tank and some of gear at the reefapalooza event or go ahead now and get tank, sand and rock going. Im leaning towards real reef rock or something similar or dry rock. Still researching this. I won't be doing a sump to start out with. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this far. This so exciting to be getting into this hobby and my daughter is so excited.
Im excited for you! WELCOME
file_00000000754861f79f534ac6563f659f (1).png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I know I'm late, but welcome to the community! 🙂 I think you'll have a great time at Reefapalooza and can learn a lot hands on. Best place to ask questions to with some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new