New to saltwater

jamarG1600

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
26
Location
Port St Lucie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Jamar and after roughly 12 years in the freshwater community I finally decided to walk into the dark side of saltwater and reef keeping I have a roughly 5-6mo old 20 long currently stocked with a blue velvet damsel, a spotted watchman goby, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, and 2 strawberry conchs. As far as corals go,I have 1 pretty big bubble tip anemone (maybe 6”-7” in diameter), 3 zoa plugs, 1 small Xenia plug (for now lol), 1 small GSP plug(for now too loll), 1 orange ricordea mushroom and most recently acquired, my blue ring Aussie lord plug. As for my equipment, I’m currently running and 30” Coralife Seascape LED Light Bar which is getting the job done for now, as well as a Fluval SP2 wave maker (around 265gph).

I am still relatively new to the hobby and I am excited to learn all of the tips and tricks that’s come with reefing and meeting new ppl in the community to share my love for the hobby with.

I would love greatly appreciate feed back on my tank and what I can improve on so I can really succeed in reefing!!
image.jpg
 
Hi, my name is Jamar and after roughly 12 years in the freshwater community I finally decided to walk into the dark side of saltwater and reef keeping I have a roughly 5-6mo old 20 long currently stocked with a blue velvet damsel, a spotted watchman goby, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, and 2 strawberry conchs. As far as corals go,I have 1 pretty big bubble tip anemone (maybe 6”-7” in diameter), 3 zoa plugs, 1 small Xenia plug (for now lol), 1 small GSP plug(for now too loll), 1 orange ricordea mushroom and most recently acquired, my blue ring Aussie lord plug. As for my equipment, I’m currently running and 30” Coralife Seascape LED Light Bar which is getting the job done for now, as well as a Fluval SP2 wave maker (around 265gph).

I am still relatively new to the hobby and I am excited to learn all of the tips and tricks that’s come with reefing and meeting new ppl in the community to share my love for the hobby with.

I would love greatly appreciate feed back on my tank and what I can improve on so I can really succeed in reefing!!
image.jpg

Welcome!

90 Day Fiance Hello GIF by TLC
 
Hi, my name is Jamar and after roughly 12 years in the freshwater community I finally decided to walk into the dark side of saltwater and reef keeping I have a roughly 5-6mo old 20 long currently stocked with a blue velvet damsel, a spotted watchman goby, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, and 2 strawberry conchs. As far as corals go,I have 1 pretty big bubble tip anemone (maybe 6”-7” in diameter), 3 zoa plugs, 1 small Xenia plug (for now lol), 1 small GSP plug(for now too loll), 1 orange ricordea mushroom and most recently acquired, my blue ring Aussie lord plug. As for my equipment, I’m currently running and 30” Coralife Seascape LED Light Bar which is getting the job done for now, as well as a Fluval SP2 wave maker (around 265gph).

I am still relatively new to the hobby and I am excited to learn all of the tips and tricks that’s come with reefing and meeting new ppl in the community to share my love for the hobby with.

I would love greatly appreciate feed back on my tank and what I can improve on so I can really succeed in reefing!!
image.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new