New to saltwater

jamarG1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Jamar and after roughly 12 years in the freshwater community I finally decided to walk into the dark side of saltwater and reef keeping I have a roughly 5-6mo old 20 long currently stocked with a blue velvet damsel, a spotted watchman goby, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, and 2 strawberry conchs. As far as corals go,I have 1 pretty big bubble tip anemone (maybe 6”-7” in diameter), 3 zoa plugs, 1 small Xenia plug (for now lol), 1 small GSP plug(for now too loll), 1 orange ricordea mushroom and most recently acquired, my blue ring Aussie lord plug. As for my equipment, I’m currently running and 30” Coralife Seascape LED Light Bar which is getting the job done for now, as well as a Fluval SP2 wave maker (around 265gph).

I am still relatively new to the hobby and I am excited to learn all of the tips and tricks that’s come with reefing and meeting new ppl in the community to share my love for the hobby with.

I would love greatly appreciate feed back on my tank and what I can improve on so I can really succeed in reefing!!
image.jpg

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Jamar and after roughly 12 years in the freshwater community I finally decided to walk into the dark side of saltwater and reef keeping I have a roughly 5-6mo old 20 long currently stocked with a blue velvet damsel, a spotted watchman goby, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, and 2 strawberry conchs. As far as corals go,I have 1 pretty big bubble tip anemone (maybe 6”-7” in diameter), 3 zoa plugs, 1 small Xenia plug (for now lol), 1 small GSP plug(for now too loll), 1 orange ricordea mushroom and most recently acquired, my blue ring Aussie lord plug. As for my equipment, I’m currently running and 30” Coralife Seascape LED Light Bar which is getting the job done for now, as well as a Fluval SP2 wave maker (around 265gph).

I am still relatively new to the hobby and I am excited to learn all of the tips and tricks that’s come with reefing and meeting new ppl in the community to share my love for the hobby with.

I would love greatly appreciate feed back on my tank and what I can improve on so I can really succeed in reefing!!
image.jpg

Welcome!

90 Day Fiance Hello GIF by TLC

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back