New to Saltwater

Hello!
I’m Emma, I’m a total newbie when it comes to saltwater/reef tanks and I’m very excited! I previously had freshwater tanks for several years. However, the difference is pretty big. I have a 55 gal tank that I’ve been working on since May. Looking back now I wish I would’ve found this site before I started. There’s lots of good info here but I took the long route here I’ve been cycling my tank since June. My goal is to have a Duncan coral. I know I still have a long way to go but I’ll get there soon. Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of my tank but I’ll add one later when I have the chance.
Have a good day!
Welcome! It is totally worth taking your time.
 
Welcome!
finding nemo eww GIF
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Emma. Good to take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Hello!
I’m Emma, I’m a total newbie when it comes to saltwater/reef tanks and I’m very excited! I previously had freshwater tanks for several years. However, the difference is pretty big. I have a 55 gal tank that I’ve been working on since May. Looking back now I wish I would’ve found this site before I started. There’s lots of good info here but I took the long route here I’ve been cycling my tank since June. My goal is to have a Duncan coral. I know I still have a long way to go but I’ll get there soon. Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of my tank but I’ll add one later when I have the chance.
Have a good day!

Hi Emma and Welcome ! I'm Lisa. I originally came from the freshwater side, too. Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you, if Void is in USA (giggle):
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This might help you find people local to you, if outside USA:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new