New to sps - does this looks ok?

Liron Mishal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
200
Reaction score
219
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Never had sps before.
Got a large frag a tiny one from a friend.
After qt for 76 weeks, it is now in my dt for two weeks.
I was wandering does this looks ok to you?
Is that a good polyp extension?
20190321_161255.jpg

20190321_162011.jpg
 
Yup, its a good thing to see the polyp extension. New growth usually appears lighter color/white like you are seeing at the tips. Just keep an eye on it to make sure that areas arent fading to white and losing color/no polyp extension.
 
It looks good. Polyp extension is fine - it is also a sign of nothing during the day, so make sure that it has some at night and remember that color and growth are better indicators of health.
 
QT for 76 weeks, do you mean days? I would never have the patients to keep a coral in qt for 76 weeks haha.
 
Yeah, sorry for the typo..
Funny that you brought that up, just saw some spots on my hippo tang :mad:
I was QTing everything and it still got through!
Now the 76 days fallow begins..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new