New to sumps - how to setup

Lars Olsson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day, I am working on setting up a new tank. I have purchased a Seapora 65G reef ready tank with the stand. Today I bought an eFlux 1050DC pump, Reef Octopus 150INT, and the Seapora 100 Refugium Sump. I have a giant (long) heater that won't lay flat in any compartment and will need to be exchanged. Can I put the heater in the centre?

My question is, how do I setup the sump? The skimmer barely fit in the end with the sock (image), and the pump obviously goes on the other end. I am contemplating changing the skimmer for the 110INT as I think it will fit better.

As you can tell, I need a bit of help with this and any advice would be appreciated.
61ZtX5B0OeL._SL1250_.jpg

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you can always put Your heater in Your overflow in your tank, and +1 for skimmer in middle compartment

OP
OP
L

Lars Olsson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. As it's sold as a refugium tank, I assumed that the centre section would be left open for that. There is a small centre baffle (about 1") high in the middle which won't allow the skimmer to sit flat on the bottom. Is it wrong to put the skimmer on the in-flow side, beside the sock, so that the centre can be used as I intended? I looked at the Trigger Crystal 30 and it has a similar chamber setup. This one was $200 less for what appears to be very similar.

Thanks again for any advice.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back