New to SW, setting up a 36g bow front

OlPainless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R, I got the green light from the wife to finally do a saltwater tank. I'm setting up with dry rock and live fiji pink sand. Just started painting the back of the tank royal blue and should be getting water soon to start my cycle process. I am going to be using some Microbacter7 with some dead shrimp to get the process started. I just plan on doing a fish only tank so I am running a Tidal 110 hob. I'll try and stay active on here as I am sure I will be asking for advice from the many great minds on here! Thoughts on fish are a clownfish to start (Nemo of course for my 6yo), Royal Gramma, Orchid Dottyback, Coral Beauty and down the road once my tank is established a Mandarian Dragonet. Clean up crew being blue and scarlet hermits, cleaner shrimp, snails, emerald crab and maybe a serpent starfish. Please leave me your thoughts, advise; anything to help this new SW tanker to be a success.

rock.jpg blue.jpg

OP
OP
OlPainless

OlPainless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got the water in yesterday, let the water settle a bit before turning the filter on. Got the powerhead and heater going as well. Put some frozen mysis shrimp and the Microbacter7 in before I called it a night and put the filter on low. What are yalls recommendations on testing for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? Wait a couple days or test daily? Also a question on the filter, I had to place it on the back left so the intake is in the back left corner due to the lid I have, it will not fit on the back right so the intake would be in the middle, any possible issues with that?

Attachments

• new water.jpg
    new water.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 28
Back