New to the cube world

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the cube world and I'll be setting up a new to me rimless 60g cube into an existing basement system and I've got a few questions about equipment.

Lighting - I've got a 6 bulb 24" ati w/ dual reefbrite xhos. Would it be wide enough to cover the full tank and strong enough to cook some sps in the upper half of the tank?

Flow - I plan to get a good amount of flow via the return but what kind of pumps work best on cubes? Would 2 mp10's on the back wall work well?
 
how thick is your glass... i would use mp 10 but my glass is 10mm think i would have to go with mp 40. ive been talking myself out of it but ill end up doing it in the end
 
I have 2 MP40's on my 180 which is 3/4" thick. I had 2 MP10's on my 40 cube which was 1/8" thick. Max for an MP10 is 3/8".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new