New to the forum

Derekgt15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined after picking up a 150 gallon long reef setup used. Looking to slowly get this thing going. Have to do some repairs on the acrylic tank first though previous owner cracked both back corners But couldn't pass it up for $100.
 
Welcome to R2R
 
Welcome to the hobby and to the R2R community !!!
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun!!!
pics!!...we all love pics!!!!
 
Welcome... research before repairing the acrylic... there are different types of ‘weldon’/acrylic cements
Yeah I've been doing some research and I ordered some weld on 4 but after looking a little closer I'll have to see why it cracked. Looks like the center sagged on the stand and so it cracked and separated a bit on both top back corners. Going to check to see if the tank is still flat with a level tomorrow to see if that is actually the issue.
 
watch the vapor /fumes,with that weld ,keep face back ,well vented!!!!
 
Welcome to R2R!!

8FFB9854-86C6-4B0D-A94B-53EC930A3A8C.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new