New to the forum

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, I'll check out the ATO units. Thanks for researching the lights, I'm not too familiar with coral and lighting. I've only kept my tank as a fowler for the past 6-9 years. Definitely appreciate the advice.
A good rule of thumb for coral par is between 75 to 150 for LPS and 200 to 300 for SPS.

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My name is Vik, Happy Holiday's to everyone. I'm not new to hobby just the forum.
Earlier this year I upgraded from a corner 53 gallon to a 120 reef ready tank. Only two corals as of now. (pulsing Xenia, and GSP).
I also have a lion fish that will need a new home soon. Looking to start a quarantine tank pretty soon so I can get some baby tangs, maybe clowns, and a proper cleaning crew.
Looking for some suggestions on a good ATO system, and if anyone can fill me in on whether my lights are good enough to keep some SPS or LPS corals.
Current Lights 24-36" Orbit Marine IC PRO Dual LED Light Fixture - with LOOP Controller (OPEN BOX) - Current USA.
Hope to speak with everyone soon !

Hi Vik and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in New York City:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

For an ATO (and for whatever I can) I recommend using Melev's Reef because this small business has OUTSTANDING training and customer service... in fact I think last week Marc was *IN NYC* to install APEX sytems for someone. I have both the IceCap and Smart ATO you see offered here:

Back