New to the hobby

HaiFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby. I started a while ago but was very impatient and everything died. I am trying again but with much more patience. I am just worried about my future fish/coral dying. It is expensive and I don't want to hurt animals.

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby. I started a while ago but was very impatient and everything died. I am trying again but with much more patience. I am just worried about my future fish/coral dying. It is expensive and I don't want to hurt animals.
Well, welcome back! You're spot on - just be patient, take your time and understand the animals you're going to put in your tank and what they require to live. They need you to survive.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the good thing is you were able to identify the mistake. now all you have to do is take a step back, do a bit more research, and then apply it. this hobby is filled with lessons, you'll be okay now that you're here @ R2R ;)

OP
OP
HaiFish

HaiFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, welcome back! You're spot on - just be patient, take your time and understand the animals you're going to put in your tank and what they require to live. They need you to survive.
I have been asking people questions on this site as well as I have a good fish store that is not chained and they test my water for free. I have been very patient and have been doing a lot of research.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's good to research and plan things out. Find some build threads you really like and check them out start to finish. R2R is a treasure trove of knowledge, you will often find a lot of opinion but one fact is this hobby isn't for the impatient. Welcome back!

OP
OP
HaiFish

HaiFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the good thing is you were able to identify the mistake. now all you have to do is take a step back, do a bit more research, and then apply it. this hobby is filled with lessons, you'll be okay now that you're here @ R2R ;)
I have been asking people questions on this site as well as I have a good fish store that is not chained and they test my water for free. I have been very patient and have been doing a lot of research.

OP
OP
HaiFish

HaiFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to research and plan things out. Find some build threads you really like and check them out start to finish. R2R is a treasure trove of knowledge, you will often find a lot of opinion but one fact is this hobby isn't for the impatient. Welcome back!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back