New to the hobby

Sakes1hbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is joe. Long island ny. I'm a complete greenhorn in the hobby but I'm addicted already. Looking to soak up as much info as humanly possible! I set up my first ever salt tank last month as a rescue tank. A 125 gallon I got for free for my turtles ended up coming with 2 mocha oscellaris and a 3 lined damsel. Tossed together a 20 gallon tank with some live rock and they seem to be doing ok. Just finished building a 10 gallon sump refugium that tank, a 20 gallon sump refugium for my soon to be set up 46 bow front and a 30 gallon sump refugium for my 90 gallon reef project ! What can I say i dive in head first lol. I'm obsessed with building it myself. I get my hands on whatever free tanks I can get and we'll be experimenting with drilling overflow systems and building bigger and more elaborate refugium systems. I'm a plumber by trade so it should be interesting to see what I can make up LOL. Thank you for taking a moment to read this nonsense and I hope to get to know you guys over the next couple months .

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Many knowledgeable people here that can help you every step of the way.

welcom.jpg

OP
OP
S

Sakes1hbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm new to forums as well lol...I can share here if I can figure out how to post pics lol

OP
OP
S

Sakes1hbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm new to forums as well lol...I can share here if I can figure out how to post pics lol

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly New to this forum as well. You have a great name Joe, and we are both from up north. (Brooklyn) been in the hobby for about 8 years. Holla back Joe & Welcome

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to this link here and start a post. If you want to upload pictures there is a bottom under the box where you type that says upload a file. Once you click the file just give it a moment to upload and then just post your reply! Hope this helps a bit.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home! You will love it here!

Best advice for all new folks - NOTHING good happens quickly in this hobby, be patient, take it slow!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Joe. Slow and steady wins the race in this hobby. Glad you joined us.

Last edited:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back