New to the hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeLee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome to R2R... I started out getting water from LFS too. First time I had an issue, needed water and they weren't open I went to RODI. Got lucky not to lose anything.

patrick.gif
 
Yup! I ordered 4 stage 100gpd unit from BRS yesterday :)
Figured 4 stage is good enough since our tap water is only 125ppm.
Patiently waiting on the tank now. Can't wait!!
 
Yup! I ordered 4 stage 100gpd unit from BRS yesterday :)
Figured 4 stage is good enough since our tap water is only 125ppm.
Patiently waiting on the tank now. Can't wait!!

I'm stoked for you.

You're gonna enjoy it for sure. And the best part is the savings in the long run.
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your build with lots of photos :)
 
Last edited:
Yeah, been learning tons of stuff lately.
You can use distilled water in place of rodi water?
I already bought a rodi system, but if distilled water works I would love to speed up my start up tank fill.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new