New to the Huntsville Reef Scene...

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Huntsville, lived the last 3 years in Birmingham, and just moved back to Huntsville. I only got in to the hobby while in BHM, so I figured I'd go ahead and say hi on here and join in the discussions. I have a 60g Cube that is currently being set back up, all the livestock I kept for the move are in a 20g temporary tank ATM. Almost done getting the 60 ready though!

Also...anyone care to point me in the direction of some LFS around here? I'll always use the Google, but figured I'd see what you guys have to say first :)

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Huntsville, lived the last 3 years in Birmingham, and just moved back to Huntsville. I only got in to the hobby while in BHM, so I figured I'd go ahead and say hi on here and join in the discussions. I have a 60g Cube that is currently being set back up, all the livestock I kept for the move are in a 20g temporary tank ATM. Almost done getting the 60 ready though!

Also...anyone care to point me in the direction of some LFS around here? I'll always use the Google, but figured I'd see what you guys have to say first :)
Really only good one is the aquatic cove. There is one other but they are barely up and running.

GrumpyDaddy68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to HSV.
Agreed, 'Aquatic Cove' is really good; also, the people are always willing to help.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxresdefault.jpg

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^This guy is a great spot to get quality frags

You've also got that new spot opening up in a couple of months in Hartselle.

GWHouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you drive to Nashville any, Aquatic Critter is also a nice reef store. As stated above, the cove is great for our area. Tony’s aquarium will be relocating to a new Hville spot. For now, he has a place in guntersville.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back.

Aquatic cove off of hy 72 just west of wall triana and east of the target shopping center is the best.

Harry's good also.

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meant to post back the other day, but made it out to Aquatic Cove. Really nice, clean looking store! I'm talked with who I assume is the owner (?) but anyway, he was nice and helpful. Ended up buying a protein skimmer lol. My wife went with me, you know the frags look nice and the place is clean when even she was telling me "what I should buy" instead of trying to drag me out of there. Prices were sort of high for some of the corals, but man some of that stuff looked really, really good. My birthday is on Friday and I think the wife is going to let me go back :D

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back