New to the Reef

Frequent Flyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the reef side of the house.

I have been in love with aquariums for 25 years, but never had the funds or space to make a reef tank happen. I have had all sorts of freshwater tanks (goldfish, planted, cichlids, shrimp, and coldwater). I made this account to start researching and asking more questions.

I now travel a lot for work and want to set up a "hands-off" type of setup that can go for two or three weeks without any interaction.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I now travel a lot for work and want to set up a "hands-off" type of setup that can go for two or three weeks without any interaction.
I have heard that temperate tide pool inhabitants are amongst the hardiest marine aquarium livestock, though almost all marine systems require frequent attention.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have been in love with aquariums for 25 years, but never had the funds or space to make a reef tank happen. I have had all sorts of freshwater tanks (goldfish, planted, cichlids, shrimp, and coldwater). I made this account to start researching and asking more questions.

Welcome to R2R!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Glad you joined! You'll have fun playing with your tank design and once you have it setup and stable you should be able to achieve your goals. Things have come a long way. If you haven't yet found it, this is a great online article (reference book):

Back