New to Triton Looking for advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spsewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Im new to the Triton method. I will be sending in my first ICP test within the next week, followed by beginning dosing.

Its a 60g mixed reef, using a Trigger systems Triton 26v2 sump, Reef Octopus 110SSS skimmer, Various 4 return pump. Tunze LED fuge light, and T5/LED hybrid for main display.

I am using Tropic Marin pro reef salt and did a 25% water change today, and intend on doing at least 2 more in this next week to make sure it is balanced out. And I will start testing Alk daily to get a base line for dosing.

My current main issue is Cheato flowing through the weir and into skimmer section, causing the skimmer to crap out. I placed a #7 mesh screen over the weir in hopes that it will help with it.

Any other tips or helpful thoughts on the Cheato? Anything else I should do, or think about doing before I begin dosing?

/r
Sean

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Im new to the Triton method. I will be sending in my first ICP test within the next week, followed by beginning dosing.

Its a 60g mixed reef, using a Trigger systems Triton 26v2 sump, Reef Octopus 110SSS skimmer, Various 4 return pump. Tunze LED fuge light, and T5/LED hybrid for main display.

I am using Tropic Marin pro reef salt and did a 25% water change today, and intend on doing at least 2 more in this next week to make sure it is balanced out. And I will start testing Alk daily to get a base line for dosing.

My current main issue is Cheato flowing through the weir and into skimmer section, causing the skimmer to crap out. I placed a #7 mesh screen over the weir in hopes that it will help with it.

Any other tips or helpful thoughts on the Cheato? Anything else I should do, or think about doing before I begin dosing?

/r
Sean

Before you start Triton give reef moonshiners a look. You can use the same setup, near zero water change, US sourced elements, pick you Alk, Ca Mg preference but Brightwell is suggested.

darkcurrent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a similar situation, looking to setup a Alk, Ca, Mg setup and currently researching options. Any pointers to where this may have been discussed previously?

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the following thread. Some say it’s cult like. ;-)

Facebook group take a peak under announcements. Similar to Triton but more flexible.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current main issue is Cheato flowing through the weir and into skimmer section, causing the skimmer to crap out. I placed a #7 mesh screen ove
I wound up having OctoAquatics build a tray to place after the fuge for floss to catch stray chaeto. Not perfect but I went from skimmer issues weekly to 3 or 4 months before needing to clear the pump.

8CF9D023-2EAC-4E2E-B2EB-40A363E7885A.jpeg

DA581C9E-7793-457E-86A0-A32A2D4FADB9.jpeg

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you start Triton give reef moonshiners a look. You can use the same setup, near zero water change, US sourced elements, pick you Alk, Ca Mg preference but Brightwell is suggested.

I think you are lost. This forum is for people seeking advice on TRITON and not somewhere to advertise other products.

As the innovators of ICP analysis of reef aquariums, TRITON has been proven to be the most successful, flexible and cost effective way of maintaining a reef aquarium without the need for water changes. Not "near" zero water changes, actually "zero" need for water changes.

See here for the differences between TRITON and the rest:

Good luck with whatever method you choose but please stick to general forums or your own when trying to promote your brand of choice.

Last edited:

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

/r
Sean

Back on topic :)

I will discuss this with Ehsan and get back to you but I know that a grid or course mesh has been used by other TRITON users to great effect.

IMG_4854.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back