OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bumped my dosing up the last 2 days. I'm not really sure how my alk dropped with what I programmed, but I bumped it up 5ml each day for 2 days, and with the reeftronics calculator its so easy to do it. Got my levels where I want them as of now. Alk at 8 and Cal at 420. I aslo added a Co2 scrubber tonight to help raise and stabilize my ph.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really good Chris. I did the opposite and dosed too much ALK. :fish: Then I did a WC to help bring it back down and I noticed it dropped quite a bit. I think it got down to 6.5. So I've been doing 15 minute intervals every evening to slowly bring it back up rather than dosing all at once. I've also upped my dosing schedule. I think I'm around 15mL per day now but still think I need to boost it up a tad. How much are you dosing per day?

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right then. I'm at half of that for my CAL and still trying to dial in my ALK. I don't think my purple monti liked the ALK swing as it has bleached out quite a bit around the edges... Everything else looks great but like I've said before, my purple monti is the "miner's canary" for the tank.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank got a little warm yesterday without the A/C on...
temp.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at work and just got an email and a text message to notify me that the power went out. Luckily it came right back on. Wifey says everything is all good.

Screenshot_2013-05-21-13-04-59_zps664c5567.png

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!!

I need to setup that email feature. I take it, that it emails you when the power comes back on?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately mine wont email me when the power goes off but it will email me if one of the two circuits my tank is on goes down. I need to get me a battery backup for the whole system.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the only way it could do it. As you can see it only went off for under a minute. power failure/power restored

I would rather get 2 emails. one when it goes off and one when it comes back on. But dont think that is possible.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's possible to get one as soon as the power goes out without a battery backup to power the Apex and wireless adaptor (if running one) for a few minutes after the power is lost. I'm sure Josh can get us a UPS large enough to power our whole tanks for a few minutes to alert us!!! LOL

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see... one issue I do have with the email notification with mine is that while it specifically tells you the alarm #, if the threshhold is crossed several times, it will email twice that. once for every crossing back and forth. Ive gotten temp alarms at 3 am that sent me 50 emails in a minutes time. UGH. but it woke me up.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see... one issue I do have with the email notification with mine is that while it specifically tells you the alarm #, if the threshhold is crossed several times, it will email twice that. once for every crossing back and forth. Ive gotten temp alarms at 3 am that sent me 50 emails in a minutes time. UGH. but it woke me up.

Exactly why you should get an APEX.:bigsmile:

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!!

I need to setup that email feature. I take it, that it emails you when the power comes back on?

you should already have email and text turned up, just need to configure the alerts

Unfortunately mine wont email me when the power goes off but it will email me if one of the two circuits my tank is on goes down. I need to get me a battery backup for the whole system.

The way the Apex works is that is has to relay off of a email server somewhere on the internet or locally if you have one. The problem with power outages is that it could also affect your customer device aka your modem. If your modem is out or the circuit is out, your apex can't relay those messages. I'm actually working on a monitoring system that will monitor outside of your home. So if my server can't see you, you'll get email, text, etc. You would get an email when your internet connection drops. Now this wouldnt mean that only your internet is out, you're power could be out as well. The battery backups will help as long as the internet circuit stays up and the apex can relay. This is where an internal monitor on your home PC or laptop would come into play. If your PC can't see your apex, you would/could get the same notification. All this has to happen before the battery backup dies....

I always explain to people to never plan for the disaster, plan for before and after aka continuity.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back