New Tunze 9004 nano skimmer...

jdaven22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading Reef Builder's Interzoo coverage and saw where Tunze is releasing a new nano skimmer. It looks pretty slick and from what I can find seems to have a nice, small footprint- almost perfect for my particular tank.

My bioload is small now but I have added some nice SPS and would like the addition of a quality skimmer to help in growth and sustainability of them.

Does anyone have any information on when the skimmer will be hitting shelves or where I could pick one up at?

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The footprint/overall size certainly seems desirable for nano aquaria use, maybe even fit in some all in ones; 4.3″ x 3.5″, with a height of 12″. So far the most specific release info I've seen just says Mid summer, US prices announced "soon."

OP
OP
J

jdaven22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across where I heard the price is going to be in the $175-180 range. The footprint fits perfectly in the overflow chamber of my JBJ rimless aio tank. It will be a nice, clean, hidden way for me to boost up my tank.

I was planning on getting a quality hob skimmer but I believe this will be my new choice.

Adam.Jackson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option you may want to look at is the CPR SR3, I've not used either one yet but both should fit in the 30Rl, if not the overflow (which would be ideal) then in the larger duel pump return area. The key with the 30RL when running an in-line non hob skimmer is keeping the water level in the filtration chambers level for consistent skimmate production...in other words watch the evaporation.

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and priced well. Would be interested in seeing one in action

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back