New Tunze Pumps?? Vortech Style? Maybe?

Txdragonslayer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
704
Reaction score
420
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this picture, and i feel like Tunze the creator of the propeller pump may be? finally coming up with a new style pump??? Any guesses?

To me it looks like a vortech style pump, if so I am So in!

Tunze%20pump_zpsbkr6bkbi.jpg
 
I'm not completely sure but I think ecotech has the patent for the motor on the outside of the tank, so I'm guessing it's not that. It does look like the new pump will offer a wider flow pattern than the previous pumps
 
Will have to wait till the end of next week at InterZoo.:)
 
It's hard to say when it comes to patent law, but I hope the only thing they were able to patent was the magnetic through the glass drive mechanism. Having the motor outside the tank is old-school not new and patentable. Tunze's (recently defunct) classic Turbelle pump was a good example....but it used a solid drive shaft. This was normal before double insulated motors were invented.
 
I am really looking forward to seeing what they have in store!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new