OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm guessing they think it is just cosmetic. I guess I will just fill her up and see how she does. I think I'm going to upgrade my insurance policy just incase lol.

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone sorry its been a while just checking in to make sure your waterbox was okay? I checked my silicone again for the first time and I think it is separating more and more this is the bottom silicone where the front glass meets would this be a problem?

20201111_150105.jpg

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya, I'd send them that via their claim form. That doesn't look right
Thank you for the response! That's what I was thinking they keep saying they don't think it should be any problem but I can literally but my finger and run it across an inch or so and feel nothing but the glass and no silicone its pretty dip where its not touching

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response! That's what I was thinking they keep saying they don't think it should be any problem but I can literally but my finger and run it across an inch or so and feel nothing but the glass and no silicone its pretty dip where its not touching
I've got a few spots similar to that, this is the best picture I could get. It's about 8 inches long and the silicon just didn't fill a small part of the seam for the beveled edge. At least in reporting it, if it turns out to be an issue down the road you've covered yourself and tried to get it taken care of sooner.

PXL_20201113_150615591.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back