New zoa?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small colonie of gorilla nipples, and one polyp morphed and is a gorilla nipple without the orange middle. Has this ever been discovered? I might call them "gorilla chest" zoas, because of the lack of the middle.
47ea9a4b-1e4c-5d54.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha that works also lol.... i was thinking similar morph.... who knows maybe a zoo head could help ya i never got into them for this reason billion of polyps and some have 13 names lol.....

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other opinions? The center has just a thin orange rim around the mouth that is barely visible, and invisible on a camera.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just a zoa...nothing special...zoas morph all the time,and its literally not a big deal...

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't think he's trying to make it into a huge deal- not sure why folks are always so quick to jump on people when they ask about something that's maybe 'new'

TS- any idea if it lost its coloration after originally having it? This can often be caused by various lighting conditions- otherwise try and inspect the mat, see if it's attached with the rest or possibly separated out. If you can get it growing separate from the colony, you'll probably have an easier time observing what it does, and how any pups it puts off end up looking.

Regardless- neat find, please keep sharing pics of any more you see developing that way.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to sum up, zoas morph under different lighting conditions, water parameters and flow. The morph of a single polyp is of little significance, unless as BD stated, it can be seperated and shown to continue to produce offspring that appear the same. If it produces multiple offspring of the same consistent appearance, then it may be worthy of a new name. HTH

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what my whole colony is doing now, it looks pretty awsome:
47ea9a4b-4f32-c59b.jpg

You can see how the mouth color is splitting on one side.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back