Newb Controller Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bubblebass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bubblebass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
381
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a new wavemaker/powerhead. I have no idea what a "controller" is or if I'll need one when I get a new powerhead. Tuze, Ecotech, gyre. Seems like some need one, some do not and some have one built in. Controllers range from under $100 to $750. Is there a write up explaining all this tech?
 
No wavemaker (that I know of) requires you to have a controller for your tank. Most include a controller for the pump itself if the pump is adjustable. Some wavemaker pumps aren't controllable, like basic koralias.
 
So just what does a controller do? Does it give you the ability to control from a computer or the internet?
 
Yes, among other things. It has built in timers for turning things on and of. It can control light settings. It can react to changes in the tank. It allows you to monitor it while you are away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new