Newb to the SPS realm!!!!

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2013
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
475
Location
east stroudsburg pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotted this awesome piece in my LFS today and figured I have been dealing with ZOA's and palys for awhile and figured maybe try something new and I kinda like it. This was under LEDs but under my t5 / led frag tank this thing dropped my jaw!!! If somebody can I'd that would be awesome. Was told it was a bonsai. Thanks all!
Zoajunkie83 aka joe
uploadfromtaptalk1427932125116.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427932175616.jpg
 
Looks like a Bonsai (Acropora nana), much nicer then mine. Unfortunately mine snapped off the base and now I have 2 healing. They take forever to grow.

image.jpeg
 
Thanks, maybe the guy was right lol. It was brown more under the LFS lights and was surprised when I got it home. I have a birds nest and green stag but was told they were very easy to have but this one was a step up to some nicer things.
 
That was a pic when I first got it while it was acclimating on the sand. It's more purple now but doesn't have near the pe that it once had. One piece in low in the tank in moderate flow and the top part that snapped off is up on top in high chaotic flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new