Newbie Lighting issue, Need Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter cane
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cane

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2015
Messages
386
Reaction score
121
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed a second AQUAMANA-LED lights on my 90 gallon (light spectrum looks different although it is the exact same light). When I did the install I removed my 2 blue T5 lightsso I would only have LEDs. Everyone looked happy untill the switch. Now my Torch and a few other corals are not opening as before. All my perametors look good. What should I do? Also based on the info in the link what would you run these lights at?

http://www.amazon.com/AQUAMANA-LED-...sr=1-3&keywords=saltwater+aquarium+led+lights
 
First, any changes to light will affect the corals. Even a bulb change can impact them. I do not run LEDs or have much experience with them, so hope someone else chimes in. However, in the mean time, turn them down for a bit. Otherwise place screens between the light and tank to dim the light till you get a better answer. Bring the light up gradually by removing screens or gradually turning them up. Begin very low.
 
Will do. What are you using and why?
 
I have had my system up for quite some time and when I set it up, LEDs were not what they are today. I was not confident in the output and the spectrums. Plus I like the if it is not broken.

I run metal halides and T5 combinations. However, these do cause heat issues, so I do run a chiller also. LEDs have come a long way, just be careful when introducing any new light. Corals take time to adjust.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new