Newbie needing help :)

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here are the new guys. Sorry pics aren't best. You guys rock! So happy I found you all! Thanks for being so nice!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Lauren...nice corals, but do you know about dipping them?...they can bring all kind of stuff into the tank...get a coral dip, follow instructions and dip...also when you are ready for fish, are you aware of the absolute necessity of QT...for a month...you cannot treat disease in your display tank because only copper will do the trick and it will kill all invertebrates...slow, girl...this is not a hobby for one who needs immediate gratification...o_O

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already do :) I have red ones, neon green, orange, purple. They're everywhere! Woohoo! About to get a turkey baster and get them fed. Nom nom nom!
image.jpeg
Here's an example of a shed from a hermit crab that just molted...it's one in my tank. Looks like a dead crab but it's only the outer layer.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohhh I love it!! Our aquarium guy came over and check ours out. He was the one who facilitated our live rock exchange. He said everything is good and today all these corals are opening up everywhere. I'll uploads pics when I can figure out how to get good ones. Exciting! Went and got coral food and the formula to kill the glass anemone. Seems to have worked. Love your tank!!

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohhh I love it!! Our aquarium guy came over and check ours out. He was the one who facilitated our live rock exchange. He said everything is good and today all these corals are opening up everywhere. I'll uploads pics when I can figure out how to get good ones. Exciting! Went and got coral food and the formula to kill the glass anemone. Seems to have worked. Love your tank!!
Looking forward to seeing them..I figured you were ok with the rock since it was from an established tank but better safe than sorry, glad everything is in good shape and you can enjoy it!

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I have a regular camera. With all the new zoas opening I'll get pics and try to upload them soon. I love your corals.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I have a regular camera. With all the new zoas opening I'll get pics and try to upload them soon. I love your corals.
Accidentally clicked ignore I'm not ignoring your post so disregard..fat-finger

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a few new additions when turned to "moon light" for several hours. A large bristle worm and a crab so far. Also found hard coral underneath one of the rocks. Pretty exciting for me at least :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a few new additions when turned to "moon light" for several hours. A large bristle worm and a crab so far. Also found hard coral underneath one of the rocks. Pretty exciting for me at least :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
That would be exciting for any of us..maybe emerald crab, definitely bristle worm and looks like encrusting favites. Five feather dusters is really cool too!

Drmiami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fun! I have had tank for 12 years and I am still as excited about the hobbie as when I first started. Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Found out all these white tubes with red crowns are coca worms. Have a ton of ones like them but the worm part is beautiful purple. Have to find out what they are now. Here's a pic of the coco worms. They're small but getting more and bigger :)

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Thank you! Found out all these white tubes with red crowns are coca worms. Have a ton of ones like them but the worm part is beautiful purple. Have to find out what they are now. Here's a pic of the coco worms. They're small but getting more and bigger :)

image.jpg
Heres one of mine it hasn't opened fully but should be a couple of inches across..you'll probably find a large number of them, they vary in color and blend in really well with the rock. I found some of mine using a magnifying glass..

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks tube worms..if they are still occupied they will have a small feather plume from the end of the tube. Like feather duster but smaller..I have hundreds in my small tank.
image.jpeg
I have tan, purple and white tubes!

mrbncal

Old guy ...new hangout.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

image.jpg

Keep an eye on the crab. I would bet its not reef safe. Look for hairy legs and/or sharp pointed claws. You'll like that hitchhiker coral. Google "catus coral" or "Pavona". It is very light friendly. More light=more color.

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on the crab. I would bet its not reef safe. Look for hairy legs and/or sharp pointed claws. You'll like that hitchhiker coral. Google "catus coral" or "Pavona". It is very light friendly. More light=more color.
Looks more like Lettuce (plate) to me...Agaricia

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like pics of povana from what Google shows. Yes all the tubes have different color crowns that come out. I love them :). I have 2 crabs now. They each have one smaller claw and one larger. The claw has a color to the tips. More rounded when closed than pointed.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back