Newbie needing help :)

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh but id love to have one! ive been looking for a long time for one but no one can seem to get me one. I even have a tank setup for it lol

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed this thread. I am in the same boat. With killer rock.. am pulling it Monday to wage war! On rock! LOL! Be strong fellow hunter of critters.

d5e395d2f4666eb33110961ceddd9ff0.jpg

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before using the Bayer dip try dunking a few peices of rock in buckets of hypersalinity water. This will drive out some brittles that can be quickly moved into the qt to later be used to reseed the tank.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are the best. No way am I giving up. I joke about lighting my house on fire but I love my tank. It's going to take years to get where I want it and I know that am ready for it. So lucky to have such great advice from you all!! 160 lbs of live rock was a curse and a blessing. Time to get dirty. ☺️

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we get them we should compare notes ;-)
That would be awesome. I seem to have a pretty good predator them going on. I got the Peacock Mantis, an Angler, and hopefully a Bobbit one day. Id love to setup a tank for a large Polyclad which is what I truly would love, but like Bobbit worms, no one around here ever gets them.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have several of these. Diesel saw video and can probably say what it is better than I can. Just know aquarium guy said too big and not right shape for bristle so either bobbit or fire worm? Last night several more babies came out. They might be regular bristle worms or baby bobbits. I don't know. But I bought an arrow shrimp to kill them but he's not doing anything. The worms are bigger than he is. I will try to catch if you want. They didn't have traps big enough so any pointers are appreciated !

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pvc with pantyhose inside. And bait with shrimp or clam. and I'd be happy to take what u can catch. ;-) if you don't want it and no one else does :)

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pantyhose? What's that do? Tangle his spikes up in them? I'll try. Aquarium guy is looking for a bigger trap. Don't know if it kills them or not. I'll ask. Do I just ball up the hose or how does this work ? I really will try. Everyone's been super helpful

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pantyhose? What's that do? Tangle his spikes up in them? I'll try. Aquarium guy is looking for a bigger trap. Don't know if it kills them or not. I'll ask. Do I just ball up the hose or how does this work ? I really will try. Everyone's been super helpful
Yea they panty hose will work great, they get tangled up in it usually with their bristles.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stockings will work too :rolleyes:

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will gasoline and a match. I don't get why they're coming out in daylight now. Every rock has some type of one of these worms. The one with the big jaw mouth is freaking me out! Haha! I want to put the lid on but was told the gases need to escape. That means Freddie can escape too! How embarrassing if I die by being eaten by a worm.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will gasoline and a match. I don't get why they're coming out in daylight now. Every rock has some type of one of these worms. The one with the big jaw mouth is freaking me out! Haha! I want to put the lid on but was told the gases need to escape. That means Freddie can escape too! How embarrassing if I die by being eaten by a worm.
They know there is nothing to fear now. They are kings of your tank both day and night.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back