Newbie needs help with T5

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

I want to add some T5 to my tank by doing a retrofit.

Can someone explain what I need?

I'd like to buy the gieseman reflectors. What else do I need for T5's?
Ballast?
Waterproof end cap?
Anything else?
Is the wiring included as part of the ballast or will I need to do some electrical work?

I'd love to be able to fit 4 t5 reflectors...2 each side of my Reefbreeders Photon LED but not sure if I have the space...I can't find the dimensions of the reflectors.

Also is it possible to be able to squeeze them in by having the reflectors at an angle versus pointing straight down?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new