Newbie Question… first frag, crabs keep relocating and flipping it… how to attach to something sturdy?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running a FOWLR system for close to a year now, was at the LFS last week and picked up a GSP frag (not on a plug) on a whim. It’s currently in my invert QT tank under a light and seems happy enough with polyps open and fronds waving about.

But the crabs in there keep flipping it over.

It’s not attached to any rock - don’t know the term for this. I assume I need to attach it to something to stop it getting kicked around - is this just “superglue it to a piece of rock” or is there more to it?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum - the “propagation” part of the forum seemed applicable to the issue at hand.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically super glue it to a piece of rock, yes. I like the EcoTech coral gel glue as it dries fast (10-20 seconds) in water. GSP can and will spread like the plague - so be sure to isolate it if you don't want it eventually covering everything.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back