Attaching frag discs to texas holey rock?

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small nano tank that has a few pieces of texas holey rock in it. I have a largish sinularia leather on a disk that sits buried in the middle of the aragonite substrate quite well, but I was wondering, what is the currently favoured method of attaching a small frag of coral (on a disk) to the rocks.

I remember years I ago, I used to use some two-part putty that came in a tube - marine epoxy putty or something like that. You broke off a piece, mashed it together to mix the two parts, and used it to attach stuff to the larger rocks. It set hard and white and so looked OK as soon as algae and stuff started growing on it.

So, what are the current popular methods. Is it still two-part putty, or gel superglue, or... ?

SrDudley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s still the two part epoxy like you mentioned or gel superglue or what seems to be the most favored a combo of the two frag gel superglue two part epoxy gel superglue to your rock. I just use superglue so it’s still somewhat easily removed if I want to remove it rearrange frag etc.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back