Newbie reefer 150 build

I finally finished my mixing station. I am a plumber by trade so the last thing I want to do when I get home is more plumbing LOL. Kudos to Nautilus that little pump had no problem pumping water to my 1st floor
IMG_0557.jpeg
 
I ran a temporary pet line up from my saltwater station for filling
 
Everything looks rlly nice! saw some losi and axial stickers in the background, u got any custom rc's?
 
Bought a cheap IKEA cabinet to get my wire mess under control (and yes its fairly neat behind that panel also lol) I loomed all wires for each individual pump etc together and they have their own hole exiting the back
IMG_0624.jpeg
 
Everything looks rlly nice! saw some losi and axial stickers in the background, u got any custom rc's?
I had a ton of them until I started selling them to fund this even more expensive hobby lol
 
The above photos are all around 2 weeks old or less my cycle is at the point where the ammonia is @ 1ppm
I went the fishless route and used Fritz Turbo start and Fritz fuel as the ammonia source.I accidentally put in too much of the fritz fuel and raised the ammonia to 8ppm I didn't know the salifert test was testing NH3 and the fritz fuel is NH4. luckily I googled it before I had dumped the whole bottle in
 
So finally no ammonia, nitrites 0ppm and nitrates 25 ppm best I can tell. it's hard to gauge the shades of pink on the salifert test. Is it water change time to lower nitrates? if so how much?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new