Newbie SPS question

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrcoffee2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
37
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am new to SPS. I purchased a couple starter SPS to get started a couple weeks ago. (Green slimer) I believe is the ID.

My question is regarding the white spots on the coral. Are these going to be new growth spots, or is this coral bleaching? The reason I suggest bleaching is because I am dosing mag to the tank to fight a small byprosis problem. However, other than those select spots the coral is a nice dark green color so it also is why I am suggesting growth too? Don't mind the algae I dosed nualgi on my last WC so its going through the bloom right now.

Thanks for the help

20141012_112540.jpg
 
nice coral, are you entering the frag contest? im also a newbie.... how do you get that color? looks awesome
 
nice coral, are you entering the frag contest? im also a newbie.... how do you get that color? looks awesome

I have never entered into a coral contest. The color comes from my hydra lights. That pic was taken under 80% blues 25% RGV 20% CW
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new