Newbie to the hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Djkirksey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hello everyone names DJ. I wanted to join so I can become a better saltwater hobbyist. I've had fresh water tanks and I'm really wanting to start my first saltwater ...... please feel free help or steer me in right direction.... have a 55 gallon on a fluval 306. And fluval sky light 48inch..... looking to possibly start my first saltwater tank in this and upgrade in future once I get hang of the new salty hobby thanks dj

Welcome DJ. I used to have a close friend with that name. Make yourself at home. We're delighted you're here.

crabcheerleadergiphy.gif
 
My 306 is brand new but thanks any way
From personal experience its always good to have backups. My 406 seals went bad and was down for three days till the parts came in. If your lfs doesn't usually stock them back ups are a must. Just my experience.
 
From personal experience its always good to have backups. My 406 seals went bad and was down for three days till the parts came in. If your lfs doesn't usually stock them back ups are a must. Just my experience.
Well good to know. I'm not super sure when I'm convert mine over to saltwater. Need buy alot rock and salt Supplies before I even do the big convert..... just want to have most knowledge about it before I start.
 
Welcome to R2R, DJ! Those threads that @NY_Caveman should be a great start and keep you busy for a little bit. Post up any questions, at any time and I'm sure you'll get some wonderful input.

tenor.gif
 
Welcome to R2R! Bunch of good stickies and helpful folks in the "New to Saltwater" section, and don't be afraid to post any questions you have! We were all new once, and people here are more than happy to help!
 
Your first saltwater tank is the most memorable, and on R2R we will share those memories with you

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new