Newly calibrated ph prob reads high?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup my apex, and did the ph calibration task. Now I did hook the probe up and do everything else but calibrate first. So it was reading like.3.02 ph etc. I did the calibration task, cleaned it rodi and put it in the tank. How long before it reads correctly? It's reading like 7.69 when my reef angel the short time I had it read between 8.0 and 8.3 depending on time of day. I only had the 2 calibration solutions that shipped with it, so if I messed up I'll have to order from BRS some new ones...
Screenshot_20201108-085105.png

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give yourself a few days of them being in the tank before trying any recalibration. Mine is anywhere from .1 to .2 of my actual ph
So the fact that it did this may be normal? And come down and balance out? The RA read 8.01 to 8.31 depending on time of day. That's the one thing that worked..... But this reads high, I wasn't sure if I did anything wrong .. if I need to I'll have to order new packets.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See my post about air bubbles trapped inside the probe:

I’m not sure if it impacts the pH probe as much as the salinity probe, but worth a try.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See my post about air bubbles trapped inside the probe:

I’m not sure if it impacts the pH probe as much as the salinity probe, but worth a try.
I ended up realizing i was a moron, and had done the calibration wrong. I re did it manually, and its been rock solid since.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back