Next fish to get for a 36 gallon bow front

MR2MAS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
So I’ve been cycling for a month now, and last week my ammonia and nitrite finally dropped to zero. So I added a pair of clowns to the tank that are doing very well.

I’m running a 36 gallon bow front with a 20 gallon sump (13 gallon operating capacity). But I guess with fish, sump doesn’t matter

With that being said, I want to start looking into the next fish to bring home. As much as I would love to get a royal blue tank, from what I’m reading, my tank is undersized. No wonder why everyone upgrades eventually!! So I’m open to suggestions on who to introduce next. Definitely a utilitarian fish that would help maintain my tank. Anyways, I would appreciate any tips/advice.

Added a picture of my clowns for attention. lol

27E43D19-DF00-42D3-8DCD-5DE4F12387CB.png

Here is my aquascape as well.
CD7A06E3-F1ED-4E92-9CED-FD3174DB9BFF.jpeg

Last edited:

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
So I’ve been cycling for a month now, and last week my ammonia and nitrite finally dropped to zero. So I added a pair of clowns to the tank that are doing very well.

I’m running a 36 gallon bow front with a 20 gallon sump (13 gallon operating capacity). But I guess with fish, sump doesn’t matter

With that being said, I want to start looking into the next fish to bring home. As much as I would love to get a royal blue tank, from what I’m reading, my tank is undersized. No wonder why everyone upgrades eventually!! So I’m open to suggestions on who to introduce next. Definitely a utilitarian fish that would help maintain my tank. Anyways, I would appreciate any tips/advice.

Added a picture of my clowns for attention. lol

27E43D19-DF00-42D3-8DCD-5DE4F12387CB.png

Here is my aquascape as well.
CD7A06E3-F1ED-4E92-9CED-FD3174DB9BFF.jpeg
Here are my 3, in no particular order....
Royal Gramma - not as aggressive like a dottyback but incredibly bright colour.
Yellow Coris Wrasse ( Canary Wrasse)- fun to watch and a good community fish
Diamond Watchman Goby or Engineer Goby- perfect to stir up some sand bottom.
Congrats on making it through the cycle. Slow and steady will win this race still lol...

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll throw in a vote for a blenny of some type. Our bicolor blenny is absolutely hilarious to watch, and is the entire family’s favorite fish.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like a springeri or yellowtail damselfish has similar colors/markings as a blue tang, and aren’t too aggressive. At least for clowns.
Otherwise good candidates are small wrasses (eats flatworms), royal gramma (beautiful), and shrimp-goby pair (lots of fun).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back