Nick Willy new start

NickWilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NickWilly

New Member​

Hello reefer friends :cool: I had this tank previously running for about 5 years where I kept anemones (2) with clowns, some banggai cadrinals, purple fire fish and a shrimp. As far as corals I had some hammers along with acans, zoas and mushrooms... when I had moved back from college I handed all live stock over to my brother and just had it running clean with nothing in it.
I recently restarted my way by cleaning the tank out completely and starting from scratch which leads me to where I am now, and although I’m happy with my past experiences I’m still in need of much refresher which is why I’m happy to reach out to the awesome reefing community!
Upgrades consist of intank media basket with filter floss on top open middle at the moment for cycle and 2 packs of marine pure gems for added bio filter media In the bottom. lighting from AI prime light. Extra flow is AI Nero 5 which I run pretty low. I believe I am ready to rock an roll with an open mind for any tips and tricks from any of you fellow reefers!
The tank is now cycled using micro bacter 7 and some clowns and I was wondering when I should be adding chemical media (chemipure) blue or elite, which is just what Im use to running. I am seeking advice on preference or any other options as well as I’m open minded and ready to learn what works for strong healthy reef keeping. Any advice,tips,tricks and suggestions are all welcome! Also any good book recommendations on learning about reef keeping are also greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back