Nick's Display Room 100g & 50g

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Display Room 100g & 50g...and a 75g later.

I remodeled a room and decided to transfer all of my display tanks in there. I have 3 old tanks running in other rooms that I'll transfer into these. I won’t be using the tank you see on the far right. I have a 75g running in another room I’ll move to that spot later.

DSC01085-Edit.jpg

DSC01091-Edit2.jpg

(Disregard the water level in the photo)

That big cabinet houses a sump. Have an old 65g someone gave me. Fits great in there. That Cadlights 100g pictured has a really small sump, I’m not going to use it. I plumbed it to the 65g sump in the cabinet. Instead of socks, I'm going to use filter mat shoved between baffles.

My blues are a bunch of thin strip lights. Someone gave me a nice pot rack that made it convenient to hang and hide those. I wanted something easy to take down and clean. I would like to change to pendulum lights down the road if/when I get the money and there’s some I really like.

I use my home automation system to control my aquarium equipment. Below is one of the control boxes. Note, the buttons on the right should say “off” but i ran out of “off” labelled buttons :). It also has a nice app, but the button box is quicker for certain tasks. I do use an apex for heater control and salinity reporting.

DSC01095-22.jpg

OP
OP
GrouperStupor

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01087-Edit.jpg

Tanks are full and pumps are running. Most of the rock and ceramics are already live. I’m dosing ammonia until I get fish in.

Using a gravity based ATO. A 20g tank in a closet (that has some heavy duty shelving).

Used Nyos cement on the rocks. It worked pretty well, have to be exact on the mixing though.

The 50g SeaClear tank on the cabinet has a Eclipse L overflow. Good fit for that tank. I’m using 2 of the pipes and the water is churning pretty good. I may use the 3rd (emergency) later if I need more flow once corals are in. BTW, you do need a valve on the 1st pipe to make this Eclipse L silent. Flow from the inner box to the outer box can make a good bit of noise without any back pressure.

over2.jpg

over1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back