Nicrew HyperReef 100 Gen 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tocspaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tocspaw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to purchase a light for an Innovative Marine 15 gallon AIO. After reading about the NavaReef 65 and and the HyperReef 100, I think I like the less blue spectrum of the HyperReef more. Would that be too much light for this size of tank? I'm intending to house LPS and softies for the most part, but stocking list isn't firm yet. Thanks for any feedback.
 
IMO any 50-60 watt light would be better suited to that tank for lps, but the 100 watt will work you'll just need to turn it down. And if you decide later that you want to grow sps then the 100 watt will be work for that.

The nicrew 100 watt is a good light, I used it for a few years before it burnt out. Popbloom is another that I've used with good results. Good luck
 
IMO any 50-60 watt light would be better suited to that tank for lps, but the 100 watt will work you'll just need to turn it down. And if you decide later that you want to grow sps then the 100 watt will be work for that.

The nicrew 100 watt is a good light, I used it for a few years before it burnt out. Popbloom is another that I've used with good results. Good luck
Thanks for your feedback on this. I was thinking if I oversized the light a bit I could use it on a bigger tank down the road. I’m new to this though, and don’t want to cook any corals without meaning to. Does it harm the light at all to run it at 50% intensity?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new