Nikon D60 / 15-55 mm Lens

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
81
Location
Central Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I am sure some of you remember, i just got my Nikon D60 with a 18-55mm lens not to long ago. I would say about 3 months. Anyways, my Auto Focus just done not work anymore. I put the 18-55m on A for Auto Focus but it will not work. Has anyone heard of this or am I really doing something wrong? It was working fine a week ago.
 
Make sure the switch on the lens has not gotten bumped to M.
 
Not too many options with this. Make sure the contacts between lens and camera body are clean. Use a pencil eraser to clean them, but be careful. Does the camera's menu system have an autofocus override that needs to be turned off? Is the lens fully mounted on the body? Remove it and reattach it to make sure it's locked in. Did the focus point that's doing the focusing (seen through your viewfinder) get moved to one of the peripheral points and the camera is constantly trying to focus on something other than your subject? If so, move it back to the middle point and see if that solves the problem. Maybe it's the lens? Try another lens to see if the problem persists. Borrow from a friend if you don't have a second lens or go to the camera shop that sold you the camera. I shoot with Canon equipment, so am limited in what I can offer, but the above will help you narrow down the source of the problem.
Gary
 
lol for a second i thought you meant A for aperature on the camera body instead of on the lens
did it autofocus before?
was it a kit lens?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new