Nikon D60 / 15-55 mm Lens

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I am sure some of you remember, i just got my Nikon D60 with a 18-55mm lens not to long ago. I would say about 3 months. Anyways, my Auto Focus just done not work anymore. I put the 18-55m on A for Auto Focus but it will not work. Has anyone heard of this or am I really doing something wrong? It was working fine a week ago.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too many options with this. Make sure the contacts between lens and camera body are clean. Use a pencil eraser to clean them, but be careful. Does the camera's menu system have an autofocus override that needs to be turned off? Is the lens fully mounted on the body? Remove it and reattach it to make sure it's locked in. Did the focus point that's doing the focusing (seen through your viewfinder) get moved to one of the peripheral points and the camera is constantly trying to focus on something other than your subject? If so, move it back to the middle point and see if that solves the problem. Maybe it's the lens? Try another lens to see if the problem persists. Borrow from a friend if you don't have a second lens or go to the camera shop that sold you the camera. I shoot with Canon equipment, so am limited in what I can offer, but the above will help you narrow down the source of the problem.
Gary

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol for a second i thought you meant A for aperature on the camera body instead of on the lens
did it autofocus before?
was it a kit lens?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back