Nitrates and no phosphates

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have 16 ppm nitrates but my phosphates is at 0. I have NeoPhos to dose but how much should I dose? What's the best way to go about raising them?. (used to be steady at .06 but don't know what changed)

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef systems are dynamic and stuff is always changing. As corals, sponges, fish and everything else grows there wiil be an increased demand and changes in the food webs in a system which can be very complex. I'd just follow the directions Brightwell gives on their website here

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer a product of known purity to Brightwell's product, but I'd start at their recommended dose and keep raising the dose until you see detectable phosphate (or stop if you notice problems arising, such as too much algae).

OP
OP
Foxchase

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer a product of known purity to Brightwell's product, but I'd start at their recommended dose and keep raising the dose until you see detectable phosphate (or stop if you notice problems arising, such as too much algae).
What product? And how much is safe to raise a day? Is there a "danger" type of swing that i should be careful with? Like when dosing alk, to avoid raising by more than 1dkh per day

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What product? And how much is safe to raise a day? Is there a "danger" type of swing that i should be careful with? Like when dosing alk, to avoid raising by more than 1dkh per day

You can also go heavy feeding...the dry food and specifically coral foods are higher in phosphates.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back