Nitrates won’t budge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cwentz758
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
What should he chase to be sure he is keeping a suitable environment for his organisms?
28937CE1-C542-42B3-A589-EC061004A0FE.gif
 
mine are real low now because im doing a fallow period with no fish due to a disease outbreak...but like everyone else said, im sure they will go back up with increased bioload and feeding.
 
I'd dose a few ppm per day until you see what maintains a few ppm.

You can use this calculator and the entry for potassium nitrate,a nd then use about 85% of the calculated amount since sodium nitrate is a bit more potent.

James' Planted Tank - Dosing Calculator
Just confirming the dosing calculator on here. If I have a 165g tank, and I add 113 grams of LoudWolf Sodium Nitrate to 3,000 ml of RODI water, then I can assume that 10ml of solution will raise nitrate by roughly 0.23ppm (or maybe ~115% of that)? Thanks @Randy Holmes-Farley
 
Just confirming the dosing calculator on here. If I have a 165g tank, and I add 113 grams of LoudWolf Sodium Nitrate to 3,000 ml of RODI water, then I can assume that 10ml of solution will raise nitrate by roughly 0.23ppm (or maybe ~115% of that)? Thanks @Randy Holmes-Farley

I get 0.37 ppm from the calculator. Then the uptick from the 115%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new