Nitro's reef 120g reef tank

trigger I have 2 BRS 1.1 dosing pumps for Alk And Cal - Dosing 70 going on 80 mls a day equal amounts

Holy crap! That's a ton!
And I already knew you were using pumps Bc the really nice looking tanks are always on dosing pumps. They deff grow the fastest.
It is the next purchase I'm making. I might even put it on the emergency CC lol. They make such a huge difference.

I am also gonna assume you do very few water changes.
And something I want to know is: Do you make the alk and mag and calcium the same as the tank in he change water before you add it to the tank?
Every time I do a water change it screw things up parameter wise and the corals don't like it. Because the salt mix IORC doesn't have the levels that my tank are at
 
Holy crap! That's a ton!
And I already knew you were using pumps Bc the really nice looking tanks are always on dosing pumps. They deff grow the fastest.
It is the next purchase I'm making. I might even put it on the emergency CC lol. They make such a huge difference.

I am also gonna assume you do very few water changes.
And something I want to know is: Do you make the alk and mag and calcium the same as the tank in he change water before you add it to the tank?
Every time I do a water change it screw things up parameter wise and the corals don't like it. Because the salt mix IORC doesn't have the levels that my tank are at

You could do a few things to minimize the swings when doing water changes. Maybe every 2-3 days change out 2-5% instead of a two week larger water change.
 
You could do a few things to minimize the swings when doing water changes. Maybe every 2-3 days change out 2-5% instead of a two week larger water change.

+1 I do 10gal water change a week to avoid that swing. For now am using BRS cal and alk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new