No new growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mrxia0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Would bacteria or Protozoa go away from my system if I kept the tank clamless for a while? I just don’t understand what happened

It will die out although no telling how long. I got sick clam(s) that killed my others and they developed bleached center before dying (sick clams from DD). Waited a few months and added a test clam that was growing at the lfs and it has been growing in the tank months now. I say you can’t tell how long it will take as we don’t know clam diseases well or what particular organism it is so there is a gamble adding one again but there is hope.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new