No powerheads for a day?

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another lesson learned the hard way. Woke up to the smell of burning plastic, the hang on back UV filter was dripping water into the cabinet where 1/2 of my electrics were. Pulled the plug on all of them, luckily only the powerhead control unit was damaged.

Unfortunately I can't find a single vendor in my area selling the control unit for the Maxspect Gyre 350 so I have to buy a whole new set.

I have no SPS, only some LPS and mushrooms. Will they be OK a day or two without the extra flow?

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine. Gotta redo how your plugs are situated thats for sure. Drip loops in all of them plus in an area unlikely to get water running onto them.

OP
OP
daftwazzock

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be fine. Gotta redo how your plugs are situated thats for sure. Drip loops in all of them plus in an area unlikely to get water running onto them.

Yeah, I have a lot of work to do. It was only a matter of time til this happened, just was procrastinating my cables and now Im out like 400 bucks on my gyre set. Im lucky it didn't start a fire, the gyre PSU hub was smoking when I woke up.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back