"No Response Recieved"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
How many others are having this issue? I'd like to see if this is happening more than is reported. I'm wondering if users are chalking it up as "normal" and just retesting. I had 3 fails out of 10 test throughout the week. Looking through my router logs, I have not had any service issues so I know it is not connectivity issues from my network.

On a side note, my Phosphate test is jumping between 2.72 or 0.68. I took the bottles and shook them up in hope that was the issue. Time will tell if that was the issue.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Frank,

Trust you're doing well.

Regarding the "No response received" issue you encountered, it was due to tests stacking for over 3 hours continuously. We've resolved this today, and you shouldn't encounter it again.

Regarding phosphate jumps, it's advisable to anticipate your values and choose between the high and low range kits accordingly. Currently, the test is indicating white colors, potentially indicating a value even lower than 0.17 ppm, which is the lowest point measurable with this kit. If this persists, our support team will be in touch with you to assist further.

Wishing you a fantastic day ahead!

OP
OP
Inamo

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Frank,

Trust you're doing well.

Regarding the "No response received" issue you encountered, it was due to tests stacking for over 3 hours continuously. We've resolved this today, and you shouldn't encounter it again.

Regarding phosphate jumps, it's advisable to anticipate your values and choose between the high and low range kits accordingly. Currently, the test is indicating white colors, potentially indicating a value even lower than 0.17 ppm, which is the lowest point measurable with this kit. If this persists, our support team will be in touch with you to assist further.

Wishing you a fantastic day ahead!
How was the no response fixed?

The current readings are 0.17 because I got the levels lowered, I'm talking about when the levels were bouncing between 2.72 and 0.68.

OP
OP
Inamo

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm guessing it was fixed by tweaking settings for my Bot in the cloud, or the bots software internally?

Curious as to why the programming in whichever environment, cloud or local, that has a 3+ hour limit that causes issues, especially when test take 1.5 to 2 hours. Seems like their is an issue with the queuing system.

Not sure as to why the test take so long either. I know everything is cleaned prior to testing, but curious to why the 1+ hour durations for test that shouldn't take the Bot more than 20 minutes to rinse and purge, and another 30 minutes to stir, extract, place, mix and wait the prescribed time of X minutes before reading color. I do know over the past few months water consumption and believe time has been reduced at least some test. According to the last information given out by RK was test time varied from like 25 minutes to 3+ hours, of course excluding calibrating test.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

We've extended the timeout period for all devices. We've noticed that many users are now manually stacking tests instead of scheduling them, s we extended the timeout period t avoid their last tests from timing out.

Regarding test duration, it varies based on the specific test. Some tests require a wait time of about 15-20 minutes before the color change occurs. In some titration tests, the syringe moves 10 microliters at each step, so it takes some time to dispense the full 1ml. Additionally, for safety reasons, the mechanisms operate at a controlled speed to ensure they last longer. Typically, tests will take around 20-30 minutes for one reagent, 30-40 minutes for a two-reagent test, and 40-60 minutes for a three-reagent test. We do not find this timing to be too long as speeding it more would compromise other factors.

The estimated completion time reported on the mobile app will not always match the real time, we will be adjusting this once all tests are running properly on the latest changes.

Regarding water usage and time, you're correct. We've recently adjusted some settings to reduce water consumption and speed up testing.

Best regards,

OP
OP
Inamo

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you. Also my mistake on the test times, not sure where it was I read the times, but I just went and looked at what Hady posted in the Master Test thread, and yes they are as you said, closer to 1 hour or less. That makes more sense, along with the cautious and slower movements of the bot.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back