No3 po4 0 want to start dosing no3 what to use ?

Arturs Millers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello friends.. so finally i have reached my goal to get no3 low but now its way to low :D so i would like to start dosing .. no3 and po4 readings is 0 corals dont look too good its a 600L system with almost no live stock few sally light foot crabs , 2x wrasses 1x clown im feeding them heavy like 4 times a day i dose AF build and AF energy been using ati essentials for dosing .
This week i will receive my new ati essentials PRO and ati nutrition N,P so will start dosing nutrition N,P im time to time feeding some reef roids to my tank as well .. whould you suggest to dose anything specific or my ati nutrition will do the magic to rise my no3 ? Or maybe i should get more live stock ?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me I would just get some more fish and feed them more and it sounds like you have plenty of capacity left.

Your corals are probably being starved if your at very low nutrient levels so maybe add something like Red Reef Energy, Reef Roids etc if your not already using something (I’m not familiar with the ones you Mention)

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the more bio load suggestion. Unless for aesthetics you desire only a few fish, that can be the easiest way to increase the bio load without playing the dosing/removal game. Feeding the coral with Reef Energy A/B, Coral Snow, Reef Roids, etc can also help, but they don't need very much of that stuff.

OP
OP
A

Arturs Millers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the more bio load suggestion. Unless for aesthetics you desire only a few fish, that can be the easiest way to increase the bio load without playing the dosing/removal game. Feeding the coral with Reef Energy A/B, Coral Snow, Reef Roids, etc can also help, but they don't need very much of that stuff.
Ye been thinking to get some more fish . In feeding like every second day some reef roids .

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have personal experiance with Seachem Flourish for increasing PO4 and sodium nitrate for increasing NO3.

I use the Flouriah every once in a while to keep my numbers up to this day and I have a high bioload.

If you do start dosing, start very slow and test often!

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello friends.. so finally i have reached my goal to get no3 low but now its way to low :D so i would like to start dosing .. no3 and po4 readings is 0 corals dont look too good its a 600L system with almost no live stock few sally light foot crabs , 2x wrasses 1x clown im feeding them heavy like 4 times a day i dose AF build and AF energy been using ati essentials for dosing .
This week i will receive my new ati essentials PRO and ati nutrition N,P so will start dosing nutrition N,P im time to time feeding some reef roids to my tank as well .. whould you suggest to dose anything specific or my ati nutrition will do the magic to rise my no3 ? Or maybe i should get more live stock ?

Where did you get the ATI Nitrition from? Thanks.

OutsideBrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for nutrient export, ie skimmer, refugium etc. You could lessen the time they are turned on and not have to spend time and money dosing or testing.

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon. Sodium Nitrate, Reagent Grade (chemically pure) – 1 lb. bag

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back