Non fancy Lids for radius corners???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
7,334
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have seen all these fancy lids at higher prices, but they all seem to be cut to right angles. My tank has cut outs on top with radius corners and a built in lip. Also I don't need anything fancy, other then maybe 1 hole for wiring. Anyone have anything similar? Recommendations? I 3d printed my last lid, and might do the same just need to find time to draw up the corners.

1000032039.jpg
 
DD Jumpguard. It has 90° angles on the corners but will work. If you need/want the radius a couple minutes with a file and touch up paint will get it. Plus it wont cost you a month's pay.
 
DD Jumpguard. It has 90° angles on the corners but will work. If you need/want the radius a couple minutes with a file and touch up paint will get it. Plus it wont cost you a month's pay.
I do want them set into the groove... but didn't think of rounding the corners. Great idea. Thanks
 
I do want them set into the groove... but didn't think of rounding the corners. Great idea. Thanks
It will sit on your tank no problem. The DD has a 1/2" lip that will hold it in place. You'll just have to measure it carefully so you dont cut it too short.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new