Non-spreading newbie softies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamie9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamie9

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Messages
457
Reaction score
438
Location
Mid Atlantic
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any recommendations for softies that grow out but don’t spread in an invasive way? Something with a bit of movement to it that is likely to do well in a young tank? PAR and flow are flexible as I have a lot of real estate available still. Just looking to get a few things started before I branch out later to corals that require a more established tank. I’m contemplating some Zoas on an island but don’t want to get them into my main rock formation just yet. Currently I just have one gorgonian and one Rhodactis. Thanks!
 
Mushrooms and toadstools are the ones I would recommend!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new